Monday, September 26, 2005

Let's Get Loud

I was excused from class today to attend the AAUP rally in the student union. My attendance was not as altruist an action as I wish it had been, spurred as much by the prospect of avoiding another of my professor's exhaustively dull lectures and seeing Sherrod Brown (who was there speaking on behalf of the facult, bless his heart) as it was genuine sympathy.

The most disturbing question a professor has ever asked me is if I would support a student walk out. While the tone of the rally was upbeat and focused on productive action, I could not shake the feeling that the nuclear option is on the table. One day Luis and his nine vice presidents might just come to work and find out whether or not 200 trees, a rock climbing wall, and a Starbucks really constitute a university.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's freakin 2006 already!!! update your damn blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home